Thursday, November 26, 2009

Chance Forgets


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy,  James. He is old and forgetful.  Today he couldn't find his sox. I found them. They were in his pocket!   I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

My son! What are you doing in here? Chance is in the fridge, again. I tell him it's not a good place to be but he's such a wee little cub he forgets. I don't forget. I'm five. If the door shuts, he might get very cold. I know how to make a cub into a cube. Add the letter "e"! Chance is hungry. I think he's looking for his bottle. He doesn't have any teeth, yet. He drinks condensed owls' milk, you know. As soon as I get Chance out of the fridge, we can dig holes in the backyard. Yeah. That is fun and it's safe, too.

Oh. Wait! Our neighbours and friends in the Knighted States are eating all kinds of good food today. That's' cuz it's Thanksgiving Day for them. I want pumpkin pie and Smarties and licorice pie, too. Those are good to eat and they're in the Canada Food Guide, too.

Oh! Did you hear that?  James is hollering, "Where's my handsome bear cubs? Where are the Sons of Windsor? What happened to the Princes of Ontario?" That's us! Charles and Chance! We're gonna run find James so he can kiss our noses and tickle our ears and make us laugh right out loud. Okay. We gotta go. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Don't climb into the fridge! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.