Monday, November 16, 2009

Laying Around


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He is old and forgetful. He's so old he remembers the first sunrise. Wow! He must be 20. That's really old, you know.  I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

We sure do have fun. Sometimes I lay real quiet and Chance climbs on my back. Then I crawl around and pretend I'm a big 'ole fire truck. I make siren noises. Chance makes squeaky noises. That means he's happy. Sometimes we just lay in front of the fire and I tell Chance stories about the olden days when I was just a wee little cubby. Sometimes  James brings out the picture album and tells us both stories. I like to hear about the olden days, don't you? I'm going to be six on Canada Day. Then I'll be really old!

Oh! Did you hear that?  James is hollering, "Where's my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor and my Princes of Ontario?" That's us! Charles and Chance! We're gonna run find James so he can kiss our noses and tickle our ears and make us laugh right out loud. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Tell good stories about the olden days! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.