Monday, November 23, 2009

Our House


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy,  James. He is old and forgetful. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark. He must be 20 years old! I'm five you know. I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? Chance and me are looking at a map. Our house is on the map. I know what maps are. They are drawings. They show where things are, like houses. Our house is on Sparkle Road. That's by Sandwich Street. The park is on the map. It's next to the river. It's a big river. We can lay on our blanket and eat Smarties and watch the big ships sail by. Some of them are Salties and some of them are Lakers. Some of them are full and they ride low in the water. Some of them are empty and they ride high in the water. I want to ride on a ship. I could be a sailor, you know. Sailors make the ship go where it's supposed to.


Oh! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where's my handsome bear cubs? Where are the Sons of Windsor and the Princes of Ontario?" That's us! Charles and Chance! We're gonna run find  James so he can kiss our noses and tickle our ears and make us laugh right out loud. Okay. We gotta go. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Learn how to read maps. Ship ahoy! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.