Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me & Canada, Too!


Ooooh! Today is my birthday. I'm Charles the handsome bear cub. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, Special Ed James. I'm five, now. Five is older than four. Happy birthday to me! Oh! Wait! It's Canada's birthday, too. Canada is 142 years old. That's too many for me to count but it's really, really old. We watched the Canada Day parade and ate red and white cupcakes. Yummy! We had breakfast with Ryan. Ryan is smart. He is a writer. We went to Cassidy and Tanner's house. They're my friends. Cassidy is a bunny rabbit and Tanner is a big 'ole yeller dog. Tanner has cancer. He got an operation. He's got lots of stitches. I touched them. He says it doesn't hurt. Tanner has some meds and feels pretty good. I wanted thumbs for my birthday but then I changed my mind. I asked God to make Tanner feel good. Thank you God. I'm glad you got my letter. I'm glad Tanner feels good. We ate sloppy Joes for lunch. Special Ed James calls them Untidy Josephs. They have two names, like people. Except Cher. Sloppy Joes are yummy. Cassidy ate carrots cuz bunnies are vegetabletarians. Guess what Cassidy and Tanner gave me for my birthday? Can you guess? Look at my feet! I got Cat-in-the-Hat sox! They're red and white. I l-o-v-e sox. Even though bear cubs don't need clothes--cuz we get to run around bear naked--sox are lots and lots of fun to wear.

I'm an Internet Poem Star, you know. This is my poem about sox.

I like sox
Upon my feet,
They keep me warm,
I think they're neat!
THE END.

Special Ed James took me to the shelter downtown. We helped serve lunch. People go to the shelter cuz they're hungry and don't have food at home.The people I saw at the shelter don't get gummy worms in their porridge. They don't even get porridge! I felt sad for them. I learned something today. I am sure glad I have a nice home and our cupboards are full of lots of good food. Except broccolis. Nobody should have to eat them. They're yucky. That's one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide. We rode home on one of the new hybrid buses. They smell new inside. My sox are new. They smell new, too!

I will tell you more about my birthday tomorrow. Right now I'm really sleepy and so are my sox. We need a nap. Oh! I'm gonna nap with my sox on. Okay. Gotta go. Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.