Saturday, April 10, 2010

Art World: The Group of Two

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. He's so old he remembers the invention of Saran Wrap.  Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!
Know what? Chance and me are painting pictures. They're pictures of us. We're pretty good. It's not easy to paint 'cuz bear cubs don't come with thumbs. We paint pictures of us playing in the bath. We paint pictures of us playing hockey. I'm Sidney Crosby.  We paint pictures of me brushing my teeth with my Ninja toothbrush.

It's fun to paint. James helps us. Chance is really too little to paint but he likes to watch. He makes little squeaky noises 'cuz he's happy. Sometimes he tries to eat the paint 'cuz it's pretty. I have to take it away from him. "My son!" I say. "Put that paint down, now. Paint isn't yummy! It's not even in the Canada Food Guide!

James says we're The Group of Two. That's smaller than the Group of Seven. They were famous artists who lived a long time ago. I wonder of any of them tried to eat the paint?

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Paint pictures.   Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and paint with us! Bring Smarties! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.