Saturday, April 3, 2010

Dinner at Biscuits & Gravy Southern Bistro

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. I look after him 'cuz he's very forgetful! Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? We're at Biscuits & Gravy Southern Bistro with Steve. That's a restaurant. We went there to eat after church. Church makes me hungry, you know. Church was all about Easter and Jesus. We sang a lot of songs and the we closed our eyes when we talked to God.

Steve is the chef at Biscuits & Gravy Southern Bistro. He knows how to cook all kinds of yummy food. We ate macaroni and cheese. We ate fried green tomatoes. We ate collard greens, too. They're all yummy and yummy is one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide. I l-o-v-e all the good food at Biscuits & Gravy Southern Bistro. They got meat loaf and chicken and everything! Steve is a good chef. Chance is so little he doesn't have any teeth. He just drinks condensed owls' milk out of his bottle.

I could be a chef, you know. I'm five. I'm very good at stirring. James says I'm the MiniSTIR of Stirring. Chance helps, too. James says he is the deputy Mini-Stir of Stirring. He's the deputy Mini-Stir 'cuz he's really little and can't do it all by himself.

There was so much food we brought it home in doggy bags. I don't know why they're called doggy bags. We're not doggies, we're bear cubs. We're handsome bear cubs. James says so.

 Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! It's time to brush our teeth and say our prayers and hear our bedtime story and get tucked into beddy for the night. James will tickle our ears and kiss our noses.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Happy Easter everybody! Be good citizens. Then you can eat fried green tomatoes and biscuits and gravy.  Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and hunt for Easter eggs with us! Okay! Over and out!"

2 comments:

Heather Connon said...

Hello Charles and Chance, it was nice to meet you at Biscuits last night! Hope you come again soon! (I was your server, Heather)

Unknown said...

Thanks for all your patience Heather. We all loved it.

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.