Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dr. Charles and Patient Chance

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.  Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? I'm Doctor Charles. Chance is my patient. Chance is sick. He has an earache. He makes little squawky noises 'cuz he hurts. I say, "My son, let me look in your ears." I say, "My son, open wide and say Ahhh." I say, "Now, I'm going to listen to your heart with my steadyscope. Breathe deep for me." Chance isn't a very good patient. He doesn't like to sit still. He tries to climb things. He takes off his diaper, too. He tries to put the steadyscope in his mouth. We can't eat steadyscopes. They're not even in the Canada Food Guide! I write a prescription for Smarties. That is the only thing that will make Chance well. Of course, he doesn't have teeth so James will have to put the Smarties in the blender and mix them up with Chance's condensed owls' milk. He might not be able to drink the red Smarties last but he will get well.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. Maybe I can write a prescription for James. I think he needs wallermelon.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Be healthy. If you get sick, come to the Sandwich Health Centre. I'll write you a prescription for  Smarties and root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We're having wallermelon for lunch! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.