Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter!

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. I help him remember. He forgot it was Easter! Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? We're sitting on the Easter Bunny's lap. I asked the Easter Bunny if I could have thumbs so I can hold my sippy cup in one paw instead of two. I asked the Easter Bunny if Chance could have teeth so he can eat Smarties with me.

I know the Easter story. It's in the Bible. Jesus is the Son of God. He died on a cross so we could be forgiven for the bad things we did. That's terrible. That's even worse than when I have to sit on the Time Out Chair. Jesus was very brave. He died on Friday and slept all day on Sabbath. Jesus woke up on Sunday morning 'cuz he had to go back to work.

We're going to go on an Easter egg hunt with Lulu and Ella. They're our buddies. They came to our house for Easter. We're gonna take our space ray guns we got from the dollar store to help us find the eggs.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. Then we can go outside and hunt for Easter eggs.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Hoppy Easter every bunny!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.