Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Playing with Lulu and Ella

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. He says he's so old he remembers when molasses ran uphill in January! He must be 20! That's really old. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? I'm playing with my buddy, Ella. She's lots of fun. She knows all kinds of games to play. We like rainbow flavoured popsicles. They're yummy and that's one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide.

Lulu is reading to Chance. He must like the story 'cuz he's sitting very still. Chance almost never sits still. He likes to take off his diaper and climb way high on things. I have to say, "My son! Come down from there this instant! I really have to watch him, he's a handful, you know.


Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Who wants popcorn? Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! Lulu and Ella and us, we gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Come over to our house and play with us! You can help us eat popcorn, too! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.