Friday, April 30, 2010

Picnic on the Detroit River

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. He says he remembers the invention of sunshine. He must be 20! That's really old! Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? I'm sitting here on the back step with my blue bike. It has a Canada flag on it. I'm waiting for James and Chance. Chance needed his diaper changed. I want them to hurry  'cuz when they come outside we're gonna ride our bikes on Russell Street down by the Detroit River.  James says Detroit is in the Knighted States. It's not part of O Canada. When we go to the Knighted States we take the Ambassador Bridge or the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel.

When we're hungry we'll stop, spread out our blanket next to the river and have a picnic! I l-o-v-e picnics, don't you? I know what's in the picnic basket. There's peanut butter and Smarties sandwiches and root beer and for dessert we get to eat wallermelon. We got so much food we could feed all the starving children in Belgium. We can watch the ducks and geese. I brought Smarties for them. I sure hope they like Smarties! I like to watch the boats and ships. James says some of them are 'salties' and some of them are 'lakers.'

Oh, good! Here comes Chance. He's all changed. Now he isn't stinky.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Who's ready for a picnic? Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Do good deeds. Then you can go on picnics by the Detroit River and eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and you can come on the picnic with us! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.