Friday, April 16, 2010

Spring is Everywhere!

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. He tells us he saw the first sunrise. He must be really old. I think he must be at least 20! Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? I know where spring is. It's everywhere! The sugar maple has red leaves on it. That's my favouritest tree. It's outside my bedroom window. I like to climb way up in the sugar maple and eat Smarties.  It's fun to watch everybody down below. We got two lips and daffy dills and dandy lions! Yesterday John mowed the lawn. That rhymes, you know. The sugar maple is a good place to hide.

Oh! Look at Chance. He thinks he's hiding from me in the grocery bag. He's not a very good hider. Chance thinks that when he closes his eyes he's invisible! Even if he was invisible I'd know where to find him 'cuz he makes little squeaky noises when he's happy. I can hear him right now, can't you?


Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Say 'hello' to spring. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play outside with us! We can climb the sugar maple and I'll share my Smarties with you! I know! We can sing the Smarties song real loud!

Nestlé Smarties Song

When you eat your Smarties,
Do you eat the red ones last?
Do you suck them very slowly,
Or crunch them very fast?
Eat that candy-coated chocolate,
But tell me when I ask,
When you eat your Smarties,
Do you eat the red ones last? Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.