Friday, April 23, 2010

Our Picnic

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. He remembers the first tree. He must be really old! At least 20!  Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? We're going to have a picnic. I know what a picnic is. We put all our food into the green bag. We got peanut butter and licorice sandwiches. We got wallermelon. I l-o-v-e wallermelon. We got Smarties, too. Oh, wait! We got mango juice. They're all yummy and that's one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide. We're gonna ride our bikes to the park and eat next to the Detroit River. Maybe we'll feed the ducks. They're always hungry, like those starving children in Belgium. I'm sure they like Smarties. Oh. Look! Chance climbed in the green bag. We're not going to eat him! Come out of there this instant, my son! He really is a handful.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Obey the rules. Good citizens get to go on picnics. I know! Come over to our house and have a picnic with us!  Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.