Saturday, April 17, 2010

He Shoots! He Scores!

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.  Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? I painted this. This is me and Chance. We play hockey. We l-o-v-e to play hockey. I pretend to be Wayne Gretzky and Chance is Sidney Crosby. I'm Cub Gretzky and Chance is Cub Crosby. When we play we always win the gold medal for O Canada. That makes us as hungry as those starving children in Belgium.


Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Who's as hungry as a bear? Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

I know what we're having for lunch. We're having lasagna. I l-o-v-e lasagna. James put spinach in it. That's yummy and yummy is one of the four good groups in the Canada Food Guide. Chance is too little to eat lasagna. He just drinks condensed owls' milk out of his bottle. After lunch we can play more hockey. It's raining. No. Wait! I know! We can play Cirque du Soleil!


This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Play hockey! Win gold for O Canada.  Then you can eat lasagna. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play hockey with us! Oh! And we can play Cirque du Soleil, too! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.