Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Transit Windsor

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. I help him remember. This morning he forgot my name! Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? We're resting. That's 'cuz we're tired. James says we're too pooped to pop. We played all day. We dug holes in the back yard and planted Smarties. When they grow we will have a Smarties tree! We rode our bikes up and down Sandwich Street and made siren sounds. We cooked lunch. We made peanut butter and licorice sandwiches on the barbecue. They're yummy and yummy is one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide. Then we got gummy worms from Wendy at Mac's Milk.  We ate them while we rode on the bus until we got to Jackson Park. We played some more. Now we're home and we're going to have dinner. It smells good in the kitchen. It smells like Untidy Josephs. I think we're having root beer, too. I sure hope so! I l-o-v-e root beer.


Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome and hungry bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome and hungry bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Play outside in the sunshine. Plant Smarties so you can grow a Smarties tree. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house for dinner! We can drink root beer together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.