Monday, April 19, 2010

Our Clubhouse

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. He says he's older than the hills. We don't have any hills so he must be really old--at least 20!  Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? Chance and me made a clubhouse. It's under the stairs.  It's a fun place to play when it rains. We got story books. I read to Chance. He's too little to read. He doesn't even have any teeth, yet. He makes squeaky noises when I read to him. His favouritest story is called The Little Brown Bear and the Three People. It's a good story. The little brown bear eats the three people's porridge and sits on their chairs and falls asleep on their beds. The clubhouse is a good place to eat Smarties and drink root beer, you know. Sometimes we're so quiet James has to stick his head in and ask, "What are my handsome bear cubs up to?"


Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. I sure hope we're having gummy worm soup for lunch.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Play nice. Use your indoor voices.  Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer in our clubhouse with us.  Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.