Monday, April 26, 2010

Sleepytown Here We Come!

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. He says he is so old he remembers the first sunrise. He must be 20! That's old.  Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. I think it was an angel who put Chance there. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? It was a rainy day Chance and me played inside. We made a fort under the kitchen table with some blankets. We made mushroom soup for lunch. Chance and me help stir. I'm the MiniSTIR of Stirring. Chance is the deputy Mini-STIR. James ate lunch under the table with us. It's fun to eat in the fort. For dessert we ate gummy worms. Chance doesn't have any teeth 'cuz he's a newborn cubby. He just drinks condensed owls' milk out of his bottle. I got to drink apple juice from the McCain's Junior Juice box. I l-o-v-e apple juice. It's yummy and that's one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide. Then  we painted pictures of ourselves. I painted one of us in Lake Erie at Pelee Island. We go there on the big boat, you know. James says it's the southernmost part of O Canada.

We get pretty tired at the end of the day. I know 'cuz Chance gets cranky and makes little squawky noises. James says, "I see my handsome bear cubs are ready for a trip to Sleepytown!" He's right, you know. After we splash in the bathtub, James uses the big towel to dry us off. We don't wear jammies, we get to go to Sleepytown bear naked. That's a pun. I know what a pun is.

Then we say our prayers.  I want God to look after all my friends and buddies from Newfoundland to British Columbia. I ask Him to look after all our friends and buddies in the Knighted States, too. I'm glad I'm not God. He's got a big job 'cuz my friends are a handful!  I thank God for all the good food in the Canada Food Guide except broccolis and sauerkrauts. They're nasty and we shouldn't have to eat nasty food. I ask God to feed all those poor starving children in Belgium. Then I say, 'Amen.' Amen is God's code for over and out.

James tucks us into bed.  He reads us our bedtime story. He can read real good. Our story is Snow Treasure. It's very exciting. It is about very brave boys and girls who live in O Norway. That's pretty far from our house and it's not part of O Canada.

 Chance is asleep already. I'm very sleepy. My eyes won't stay open anymore. James tickles our ears and kisses our noses. He whispers, "Good night, my handsome bear cubs. Sleep tight, my Sons of Windsor. Don't let the bedbugs bite, my Princes of Ontario.  This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Good night and bon soir, good citizens.  Over and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.