Sunday, June 28, 2009

Birthday Countdown, Smarties & Canada Post


Know what? I'm Charles. I'm a handsome bear cub. I'm four. I'm gonna be five on Canada Day. That is two days from now. I know, cuz I cross off the days on the calendar with a big red "X". I'll be older when I'm five. Maybe I'll be able to ride my bike to the corner all by myself, then. I want chocolate birthday cake with Smarties on top. Oh. Wait! I want chocolate ice cream, too. I wrote down all the presents I want but they won't be any fun to play with if my friend Tanner doesn't get well. I told God I changed my mind but if he didn't get that prayer, I wrote a letter to God and I wrote one to the Minister of Health, too. My buddy, Special Ed James, says I'm making a paper trail. I don't know what that means but the best present for me is for Tanner to get well. God can do that, you know. I was gonna mail this letter but now I'm gonna wait right here until God picks it up at ten o'clock. That's what it says on the mail box--pick up at 10. Then I will hand my letter to him and tell him where Tanner lives, too. Maybe we'll just jump on our bikes and ride to Tanner's house. It's not far from my house on Sparkle Road. Yeah. Good idea! I hope God has a bicycle. If he doesn't, he can ride mine. I'm not just handsome, I'm smart! Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.