Saturday, June 27, 2009

I L-o-v-e VIA Rail







I love the the train. VIA Rail is lots of fun. I can stand on my seat and look out the window. I can see everybody. The lady behind me is painting her toenails blue. The nice man with the food cart gave me a box of apple juice. I'm four, you know, and I'm really too big for juice boxes but on the train it's okay. I didn't spill any. The train goes really fast. I ate cherries we picked off the tree yesterday. Yummy! Yummy is my favouritest of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide.When I was little I thought when the train whistled because it was lost. Now I know the whistle means, 'Look out good citizens! Train coming through!' People get out of the way so they don't get hurt. I wanted to know where the baby trains are. Did you know that trains are born already grown up? That's different from bear cubs, like me. The engineer says there are no baby trains cuz VIA Rail always pulls out on time. I don't know what he means but Special Ed James says I'll know when I an older. I'll be older on Canada Day. Then I'll know, right? Toronto is a big city. We rode on the subway. On the way home I read my new Spiderman book and ate pretzels until I was too sleepy. I curled up in Special Ed James' lap. He has a nice lap, the kind that's just right for sleeping. When I woke up we were home. Wow! That was fast. I want a train for my birthday. Not a little one, a real one. I would keep it right next to my bike. I gotta go. We're eating lunch with Ryan. Maybe he'll say, "Who's a handsome bear cub?" and tickle my ears and make me laugh. I love that game. Bye!!

Photo by Jay Banks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.