Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Austrian Measles Day Four


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with Grandpa James. He is forgetful and really old, like 20! Grandpa James was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark. I have to look after him.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? We got Austrian measles. See the big red spots? They're not fun at all. I'm sick. Chance is sick. We feel awful. We have fevers. Our tummies hurt and so do our eyes. Everything looks blurry. The light hurts our eyes, too. I want to get well. Chance wants to get well, too. Only bear cubs can get Austrian measles.Boys and girls get German measles.

Grandpa James brings us Canada Dry to drink.  We get to drink it with bendy straws. It hurts to swallow. I'm glad Grandpa James is looking after us. We'd be in trouble without him. He's a very good buddy. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "I'm going back to sleep. Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.