Sunday, January 17, 2010

Austrian Measles Day Two


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy James. He is forgetful and old. I think he must be 20. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark.   I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? We're sick. James thinks we got Austrian measles. Chance and me are burning up with fevers. We got spots all over. Our tummies hurt. I don't want to eat anything at all. Not even wallermelons and Smarties. James gives us Canada Dry to drink. We can only get down a swallow or two. I know Chance is sick. He doesn't make squeaky noises like when he's happy. He doesn't make squawky noises like when he's hungry or has to poo. He just makes sad little measly noises. I hold him tight and he licks my nose.

I am gonna go to sleep. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Don't get sick. It's not fun to be sick. It's sickening to be sick. Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.