Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Green Chair


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He forgets where he puts his glasses. He's old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark.   I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? We're sitting in the green chair. James calls it the comfy old man's chair. Chance and me have our own chairs but they're not as much fun as the green chair. We like to sit here on  James' lap. He tells us stories and we sing songs when we sit here. We eat popcorn and gummy worms and Smarties in the green chair. It's my favouritest place to sit in the whole house. Sometimes we watch movies like Old Yeller. That movie reminds us of Tanner. He was my bestest friend but he died of cancer. We all miss him. A lot. The green chair is fun to ride in 'cuz it goes 'round and 'round real fast and we sing-

Sally Go 'round the sun,
Sally go 'round the moon,
Sally go 'round at six o'clock,
And every day at noon!
12.30 in Newfoundland!

We laugh right out loud. Then we make the green chair go the other way. We go so fast, sometimes we get dizzy. One time Chance throwed up condensed owls' milk all over the carpet. Nasty.

James is hollering, "Where's my handsome bear cubs? Where my Sons of Windsor? What happened to the Princes of Ontario?" That's us! Charles and Chance. He's coming into the living room. He's gonna scoop us up and sit us on his lap and he will tell us a story. I l-o-v-e stories. Know what? I like the story about Noah and all the animals. James says all the animals went into Noah's boat in pairs--except the worms. They went in apples. That's a pun. I know what a pun is. I'm five, you know.

Okay, we're gonna go, now. I sure hope you have a green chair at your house. If you don't you can come and sit with us in our big green chair.  We know how to share. Good citizens share, you know. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.