Monday, January 25, 2010

I H-a-t-e Austrian Measles



Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy James. He is forgetful and really old. He says he was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark! I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? We got Austrian measles. We h-a-t-e them. We're itchy and scratchy. James says we're getting well. Our spots are going away. This morning we sat at the kitchen table and tried to eat a little bit of food. I ate four spoons full of porridge. I didn't want any gummy worms in the porridge. Chance drank a little bit of condensed owls' milk from his bottle. We didn't throw up. That's good.

James says we're getting better but we can't go play, yet. We might give Austrian measles to someone else. We are really sleepy. We're going to have a nap time story. I hope it's The Velveteen Rabbit. It's one of my favouritest stories. Then we'll nap. A nap helps make us well. Okay. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Naps are good for you. Be good citizens and take more naps! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.