Thursday, January 7, 2010

Our Buddy Jay & Story Time


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He is really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark. He forgets lots of things, so I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? We're hanging out with our buddy Jay. He has a cat named Angus, a pet fish named Maccio and a bunny rabbit named Cassidy. They're our friends. Jay brings us chocolate. He tickles our tummies, kisses our noses and we sit on his lap in the big green chair and tells us stories about the olden days. I like story time.

I like the story about the little brown bear and the three people. The porridge is too hot to eat so the three people go for a walk on Sandwich Street. The little brown bear comes in their house. He's hungry. He eats their porridge, sits on their chairs, plays with their Wii and sleeps in their beds. The people come home and call 911. The constable arrests the little brown bear. He is charged with  porridge theft in the first degree. The little brown bear does hard time and can't have any root beer or gummy worms. Chance and me won't be like that little brown bear! We don't want to go to prison. I like root beer and gummy worms. We'll be very good citizens.

Sometimes we all go into the kitchen and make gingerbread beings. I l-o-v-e to cook. James says I'm the miniSTIR of Cooking. Chance is the deputy miniSTIR of Cooking. We can stir real good and we get to lick the spoon. We eat some of the gingerbread beings and we share some with neighbours and friends.

Sometimes we go outside and make snow people and snow angels. We don't have to wear snowsuits. We get to go out and play bear naked. That's a pun. I'm five. I know what a pun is. Then we take naps 'cuz we're tired. James says we're plumb tuckered out.

Did you hear that? James is hollering, "My Sons of Windsor! My Princes of Ontario? Where are you? Where's my handsome bear cubs? That's us! Charles and Chance! We're handsome bear cubs! We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We're gonna go find him so he can tickle our ears and our tummies. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens! Don't steal porridge. There are only 352 days until Merry Christmas comes! Bye for now, over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.