Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Golden Rule, Friends & Canada Post



Hi.  This is a picture of my little brother Chance. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy James. He is really forgetful and really really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark. I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? Chance thinks I'm hiding inside the computer! He keeps knocking on the glass and trying to crawl inside the screen! I'm not inside the computer. That just a picture of me on my blog. Chance is too little to know that. It's funny to watch him. I want to laugh right out loud. I know! I will sneak up behind him and holler, "I'm gonna get you!" Won't Chance be surprised? I might scare him. Good thing he's wearing his diaper!

I had porridge with gummy worms for breakfast. Gummy worms are full of Vitamin C. I know what the "C" stands for. It stands for "Charles" and "cub." Chance doesn't have any teeth, you know. He drinks condensed owls' milk out of a bottle. When he's bigger he can eat gummy worms in his porridge, too.

Know what I got from Merry Christmas? I got my own business cards. There's a picture of me on them. I give them to people so they can visit my blog. It's fun to share. I hope you visit and tell both your friends! I l-o-v-e friends. We play with friends and buddies but we don't eat them. Friends aren't in the Canada Food Guide. It's a Golden Rule. I don't know exactly what that means exactly but if you break it-it takes an awful lot of time on the Time Out Chair to fix it. Then you have to be sorry too, and not break it again.

Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where's my handsome bear cubs? where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario?  Who wants to walk to the mail box with me?" I do! Chance does! We want to walk to the mailbox! I know where the mailbox is. It's on the corner of Mill and Sandwich, right in front of Canada Post. That's the big 'ole red brick building with the O Canada flag and the water fountain in front.

I like Canada Post. They got a big picture of Queen Elizabeth on the wall. She watches everyone. We lick her picture and stick it on the envelope and she watches it until it gets to your house. That's a really big job! She must like us a lot to watch all the letters. The nice postie brings us letters and packages. He brings us Smarties, too. Okay. We gotta go! This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, Follow the Golden Rule. Play with your friends but don't eat them. Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.