Friday, January 15, 2010

Sick Day


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, Special Ed James. He rides to school on a short bus, so I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? We don't feel very good. Chance is hot. I am hot. Special Ed James took our temperature. He says we have fevers. I don't like fevers. They make me feel awful. My tummy hurts. Chance throwed up. I'm dizzy, like when we spin the big green comfy old man chair in the living room. Special Ed James gave us Canada Dry to drink. I drank mine out of my Spiderman sippy cup. Chance drank his out of a bottle. He's too little for a sippy cup. We had to swallow a pill for the fever. If we don't feel better soon, Special Ed James says we will go to the Sandwich Community Health Centre and see Nurse Megan and Dr. Blanchard.

Special Ed James is whispering, "Where's my sick bear cubs?" That's us, Charles and Chance. He tucks us into bed and is going to hold us tight until we fall asleep. This is Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Don't get sick. It's not fun at all."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.