Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Good-bye Merry Christmas!



Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy,  James. He is forgetful and really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark.   I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? Today is January 6. Today is Christmas for some of our friends 'cuz they're Orthodox. I don't know what orthodox is--but two Christmas Days is twice as much fun as one. James says today is also Epiphany but at our house we call it 'Little Christmas.'

This is the day we take down the Canadian Tire spruce and put it away in the cedar chest until it's Christmas time again. We say 'good-bye Merry Christmas!' Chance is trying to help but he puts everything in his mouth. He thinks 'cuz the bulbs are shiny they should taste good, too. "Come here, my son! Spit out that bulb! That's not in the Canada Food Guide!" I have to watch Chance all the time. He's a handful!

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub. Have a happy New Year and don't forget to say 'good-bye' to Merry Christmas. She'll back in December, you know. Be good citizens and eat a broccoli--even if you have to hold your nose when you do it. Make sure Santa sees you do it, so you can be on his good list. Bye for now! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.