Friday, January 8, 2010

Sometimes Thinking is Fun



Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He forgets things like his keys and his mitts. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark!  I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Chance thinks he's hiding from me 'cuz he's hiding his eyes and he can't see me. Know what? I can see him. He's in the corner! He's making little squeaky noises, so I know he's happy. When he makes squawky noises, he's hungry or upset or his diaper is full of poo. Chance takes his diaper off all the time. He really is a handful, you know!

I'm sitting on the chesterfield. It's comfy. Know what I'm doing here? I'm thinking. Thinking on the chesterfield is not the same as when I have sit on the Time Out Chair and think. That's where I have to think about my behaviour. Thinking on the chesterfield is nice. I'm thinking about what we're going to do today. Maybe we will go outside and play in the snow. We can make snow people and snow angels. We can build a fort and throw snowballs. Know what? Chance eats the snow.  James says the snow is dirty and it's not in the Canada Food Guide. It looks nice and white. Snow tastes yummy but not as yummy as orange sherbet.

Oh! Wait! Did you hear that?  James is hollering, "Where's my handsome bear cubs? Come here my Sons of Windsor! Come here my Princes of Ontario.  Who wants cocoa with marshmallows and gingerbread beings?" That's us! Charles and Chance. We're handsome cubs. We're Sons of Windsor, too!  want cocoa. We l-o-v-e cocoa. We love gingerbread beings. Well, I do. Chance just licks them. Okay! We gotta go find James so he can tickle our ears and our tummies and kiss our noses. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens! Don't eat things that aren't in the Canada Food Guide. Drink your cocoa and eat your gingerbread beings so you can grow up to be strong and healthy like us! Bye for now! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.