Saturday, January 16, 2010

Austrian Measles


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He is forgetful and really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? We're sick. We woke up this morning and Chance and me are all covered in red spots! Our ears hurt. We have fevers. We're coughing and our noses won't stop running. Our tummies hurt. I don't want to eat anything--especially porridge with gummy worms. Chance pushed his bottle of condensed owls' milk away. He sneezed on me. Yucky! James says it looks like were gonna be sick for a while. He says it looks like we got Austrian measles. I don't know who Austrian is but it wasn't very nice of him to give us measles. I know how to share but this is not a good kind of sharing. Austrian is not a good citizen.

James brings us Canada Dry. He says, "Try to drink a little bit." I drink mine out of my sippy cup with Spiderman out of it. Chance is drinking out of his bottle. It hurts to drink. My throat hurts.
James crawls into bed with us and holds us. He's singing our bedtime song, "No Bears Out Tonight." Chance is asleep, already. Know what? I'm pretty sleepy. I think I heard James whisper, "Good night my sons of Windsor, good night you Princes of Ontario." This is Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens and share--but watch out for Austrian!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.