Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunscreen is My Friend

Special Ed James is my buddy but he can drive me crazy. When I wanna go outside and play, I'm in a hurry. I don't have time to mess around with checklists. Here comes Special Ed James, running with that stupid tube of sunscreen to smear all over my nose and paws. Sunburn! Who's afraid of Mr. Sun? Not me! He makes sure I have my water bottle and my house key on the string around my neck. I get sprayed with mosquito repellent. Yucky stuff! Tastes awful, so I stand still and close my mouth when I get sprayed. He checks the bicycle and hands me my helmet. He watches while I strap it under my chin. Yes, bear cubs have chins. I'm a handsome bear cub, you know. Yesterday at the Teddy Bears' Picnic I skipped all that and ran off to play. I got lots of mosquito bites. They itch. I got a sunburn. Now my nose hurts something fierce! It's nasty. Special Ed James rubbed some aloe vera on my nose to make it feel better. I had to stay in bed and I didn't even feel like eating the free burgers at Harvey's. I ate soup. I didn't even want gummy bear soup. I wanted chicken soup. I only eat chicken soup when I'm really sick. My buddy gave me Canada Dry and read me a story at bedtime. I'm glad he didn't say "told you so." I feel pretty yucky. Now I know that sunblock is my friend. So, maybe my buddy rides the short bus and goes to the Special Ed class at Maple Centre Elementary School but he's smart in his own way and a pretty good friend, too .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.