Sunday, May 17, 2009

Victoria Day Poem by me--Charles the Bear


Me and my buddy Special Ed James are Internet Poem Stars. We're on YouTube. We have Victoria Day poem cuz it's the Queen's birthday and that means holiday time. If you didn't know--Victoria was an old queen but she died. Now Queen Elizabeth is the old queen. She lives in Buckingham Palace. That's really far from out house. Special Ed James says we can't even get to Buckingham Palace on the train. Wow! It must be super far! I see the Queen every day cuz her face is on all the money. I keep my allowance in my Canada Post mailbox piggy bank. I have $31.19 saved up. I'm gonna buy a palace--but not the Shawarma Palace--that is downtown and really far from our house. See! I'm wearing a crown. I'm playing Queen. I am knighting a teddy bear. Now he is Sir Teddy. Our Victoria Day poem comes from the Olden Days when Americans couldn't buy beer. The Olden Days were awful!! I don't know why I can't buy beer. I'm going to be five on my birthday. That's pretty old, you know. My birthday is on Canada Day. I get fireworks--and maybe beer! No, wait! I want thumbs! Yeah. Okay. Gotta go. Going to knight some more friends in honour of the Queen's Birthday. Bye for now!

Four and twenty Yankees feeling kind of dry
Slipped across the border to drink a pint of rye.
When they had wet their whistles they began to sing,
"God bless America but God save the king!"
THE END! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.