Monday, May 4, 2009

Thumbs, please!

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live with my buddy James on Sparkle Road. That's in Olde Sandwich Towne. That's in Windsor, Ontario. Ontario is in O Canada--our home and native land.  James says we live in southernmost, subtropical Ontario. He says it's this is O Canada's banana belt. You can't fool me. You can't make a belt out of bananas.  I look after James 'cuz he's old and forgetful.

Know what? I like to start the day by reading The Lance. It is a newspaper at the University of Windsor. I can read, you know. That's because I'm not just a handsome bear cub, I'm gifted. My buddy, James, says so. James might be really old but he has thumbs.

I want thumbs. I am going to write a letter to Santa and ask for thumbs. I have been good. I would like opposable thumbs. Two of them. For Christmas. Okay, for my birthday. That's on Canada Day. If I had thumbs then I could hold a glass in one paw, like my buddy, Special Ed James. Cool! This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Read the newspaper. Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.