Saturday, December 12, 2009

Chance & the Table Saw


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy,  James. He forgets things. That's because he's old. He says he's older than dirt. That's really old! He must be 20! I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Oh! My goodness! Chance climbed up onto the table saw! He doesn't know it can hurt him. "Come down from there right now, my son!" The saw is sharp it could cut Chance in half. That would be awful! Chance is lucky I spotted him and pulled him down before I had two half brothers. That is a pun. I'm five. I know what puns are.

Know what? Every day we put a sticker on the calendar. It's only 13 days until Merry Christmas comes to our house. Chance and me are getting ready. We had a present for Merry Christmas and Santa, too. We made them gingerbread beings but we ate them all up. Now we need to make some more. My job is to stir. James says I'm the MiniSTIR of Cookies. I could be an MP in Ottawa, you know. Oh! I get to lick the spoon, too.

Did you hear that? I hear James hollering, "Ho! Ho! Ho! Where's my handsome bear cubs? Where are you my Sons of Windsor? Where are you my Princes of Ontario?" That's me! I'm a handsome bear cub! I'm a son of Windsor. I'm a Prince of Ontario.  Chance is, too! This is Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens! Santa and Merry Christmas are gonna find out if we're naughty or nice. They watch all of us from Anik Satellite. Good-bye for now! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.