Thursday, December 3, 2009

Playing with Tanner


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, Special Ed James. He rides to school on a short bus, so I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? I'm playing with my friend Tanner. He's a big 'ole yeller dog who lives with his friend Cassidy the bunny rabbit. They live with their buddies Jay and Shaun. We play games like Roll Over. We play Hide & Seek, too. Tanner is five, just like me. He's my very bestest friend.

Tanner is sick. He takes lots of meds. He has to lay down a lot. He has trouble breathing sometimes. Special Ed James says Tanner has cancer and he can't get well. That makes me sad. I want Tanner to feel good so we can dig holes in the back yard. I know! We can play Doctor and I will give Tanner Smarties to eat. Then he will get well and we can play! That's helping! Okay! I'm gonna get Special Ed James and Chance. We can go to Mac's Milk right now and get some Smarties! We'll get a really big box!

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Help your friends. That's what good citizens do. Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.