Thursday, December 10, 2009

Looking for Chance


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He is old and forgetful. He says he was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark.   I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? Chance and me are playing Hide & Seek. I hide my eyes and count to a hundred like this: one elephant, two elephant, three elephant all the way up to 100 elephants. It is Chance's turn to hide. Most of the time He's easy to find cuz he doesn't know how to hide very well. Today I couldn't find him at all. Then James told me to look on the kitchen counter. Chance is hiding in the slow cooker! It took me a long time to find him. I was surprised. I said, "My son! How did you get in the slow cooker?" He can't talk but he makes little squeaky noises. That means he's happy. Chance may be a wee little cubby but he's pretty smart. Maybe he had some help.

We're gonna make Christmas cookies today. I get to stir.  James says I'm the MiniSTIR of Cookies. Chance is the Deputy MiniSTIR of cookies. Oh. Wait! I get to lick the spoon, too. When we take them out of the oven we will give Christmas cookies to our friends and neighbours. We will give some to Santa and to Merry Christmas, too!

Did you hear that? I hear  James hollering, "Ho! Ho! Ho! Where's my handsome bear cubs? Come here you Sons of Windsor! Come here, you Princes of Ontario!" That's me! I'm a handsome bear cub! I'm a son of Windsor. I'm a prince of Ontario. Chance is, too!

Okay! We gotta go. We'll get our ears tickled and get hugs and kisses on the nose. We're gonna sing Christmas songs and make cookies. I sure hope we can make licorice cookies and wallermelon cookies! This is Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Come over to our house and you can make Christmas cookies with us. Okay! I'm saying, "Be good citizens! Santa is watching all of us from Anik Satellite. Good-bye for now! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.