Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Piggy Back Riding



Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy,  James. He forgets where he puts his sox. He's old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark.   I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? This is our buddy, Peter. He drives a big bus for Transit Windsor. When I grow up I could be a bus driver, you know. When Peter comes to visit we like to play Piggy Back. He carries us around on his shoulders. When I'm way up here, I'm really tall! I can see everything! I holler, "Who's the tallest bear cub?" That's me, Charles. Then it's Chance's turn to ride Piggy Back. Chance makes little squeaky noises 'cuz he's happy. I holler, "Who's the tallest bear cub?" It's Chance. I sure hope you have a friend who can take you Piggy Back and make you tall.

James is making mushroom soup for lunch. I l-o-v-e mushroom soup. I put crackers in it and I eat it all up. It sure smells good in the kitchen. We'd better go and eat lunch. Oh, wait. We say grace, first. Grace means 'thank you.' That's 'cuz we're thankful for mushroom soup with crackers. Know what? We're thankful for good buddies like Peter and James, too. Okay, this is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be tall and eat all your mushroom soup! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.