Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Sitting in the Time Out Chair


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy,  James. He forgets lots of things. That's cuz he's really old. He says he's older than dirt. Wow! He must be 20! That's really old.  I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? I'm sitting on the Time Out Chair. That's because we ate peanut butter and crackers in bed. I l-o-v-e peanut butter and crackers. They're yummy and yummy is one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide. We're not supposed to eat crackers in bed.  James says I didn't obey the rule. Chance had to have a bubble bath cuz he got all sticky. The bed had to be changed. Now I have to sit here and think about what I did. I don't like to sit here. I don't like to think. Chance should sit here too but James says Chance doesn't know any better and I do. I have to be a good example. That's not fair. I have to sit here for five minutes cuz I'm five, you know.


James sits in the chair and puts me on his lap. He says, "Okay, Charles. Five minutes is up. What did you think about?" I tell him I'm sorry and I won't eat peanut butter and crackers in bed any more. He gives me a big bear hug and tickles my ears. "Oh, Charles, you're a real handful." He kisses my nose and says, "Be a good citizen and go play." I want to be a good citizen. Good citizens get wallermelon and root beer and oh! wait! We get presents from Santa and Merry Christmas if we're on our best behaviour. Okay! I gotta go. This is Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Don't eat peanut butter and crackers in bed! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.