Thursday, December 31, 2009

Holiday Fun





Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He forgets where he puts his book. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.  I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? We cooked chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. I covered mine in peanut butter and maple syrup. I ate six pancakes. James said, "You must be as hungry as a bear." Now you know why I have to look after him. Of course I'm hungry as a bear. I'm a growing bear cub. I sure hope I grow pockets and thumbs when I grow up. I have a tail but Chance doesn't have one yet. He's too little. He doesn't even have teeth! Chance drinks condensed owls' milk out of a bottle.

After breakfast we washed the dishes and then we played Hide & Seek. Chance thinks if he closes his eyes I can't see him but I can. Know what? I got spiders for Christmas. I scared Chance with them. He makes squawky noises when he's afraid. He thinks they're real spiders. They are real, they're just not alive. I said, "I'm sorry, Chance. I didn't mean to scare you, my son." Maybe I just wanted to scare him a little bit. Good think I don't have to sit on the Time Out Chair. I don't like the Time Out Chair. When I'm there I have to think about what I did. I hate thinking. It's hard work.

Okay. We're gonna go play Hide & Seek some more. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Have fun today! Be good citizens. Don't scare anyone with plastic spiders. If you're not on your best behaviour you might have to sit in the Time Out Chair. Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.