Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Rock Band


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy,  James. He is old and forgetful. I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? We're rock stars. We got our own band. Pots and wooden spoons make good instruments. I sing songs and Chance makes squeaky noises. We know lots of songs like Sally Go 'Round the Sun, The Prune Song, The Smarties Song and the Army Song Oh! Wait! We can sing it for you!

They say that in the army
The food is mighty fine
A pea rolled off the table
And killed a friend of mine.

Oh I don't want no more of army life
Gee Ma, I want to go
Back to Ontario
Gee Ma, I want to go home.

They say that in the Army
The Jeeps are mighty fine
They go around the corner
And leave the wheels behind.


Oh I don't want no more of Army life
Gee Ma, I want to go
Back to Ontario
Gee Ma, I want to go home.


Did you hear that? It'sJames. He's hollering, "Attention all handsome bear cubs! Attention all Sons of Windsor! Attention you Princes of Ontario!  Roll call!" He means us, Charles and Chance. We're gonna go find him and let him tickle our ears and kiss our noses. James gives the bestest hugs. Know what? We're having Red River Cereal for breakfast. I l-o-v-e Red River Cereal, 'specially with gummy worms in it.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Eat a good breakfast so you can be good citizens all day long. Eat all of it. Starving children in Belgium would love to have Red River Cereal!  Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.