Monday, December 28, 2009

Gingerbread Beings


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy,  James. He forgets things. He put Jell-O in the oven! He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark!   I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? We get to help James make gingerbread beings today. Chance and me get to stir. I'm the MiniSTIR of Cookies. Chance is the Deputy MiniSTIR. I l-o-v-e to help cook. I know how to cook toast. Here is the recipe.

There is an art of knowing when,
Never try to guess.
Toast your toast until it burns,
And twenty seconds less.
THE END

When we take the gingerbread beings out of the oven we can decorate them with icing. I get to lick the spoon. Chance will try to eat some icing but he really only drinks condensed owls' milk. We're going to give gingerbread beings to our friends and neighbours 'cuz it's Christmas time.

James is hollering, "Who's a handsome bear cub? Who is a Son of Windsor? Who's a Prince of Ontario?" That's me and Chance. We're gonna find him and let him tickle our ears and make us laugh right out loud. This is Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens! Make gingerbread beings and share them with your friends and neighbours. Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.