Friday, December 11, 2009

I'm Gonna Get You!



Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He is forgetful. He forgot what bus takes us home! He's really old, you know. He says he remembers the invention of Saran Wrap! He must be 20 years old!   I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? We're playing "I'm Gonna Get You!" It's a fun game. I'm sneak up on Chance from behind. When I catch him I holler, "I'm gonna get you!" Then I tickle his ears and his tummy. Chance makes little squeaky noises when he's happy. Chance thinks that if he closes his eyes he's invisible. He can't see anything with his eyes closed but I can see him. He's not invisible!

Merry Christmas is coming to our house. We can hardly wait. We got a present for Merry Christmas and Santa, too. We made them gingerbread beings. I wanted to make cookies for the baby Jesus but then I remembered he's a newborn and doesn't have any teeth, yet. James says the baby Jesus would rather have a hug than cookies. I can do that. I will give him my biggest, bestest bear hug!

Did you hear that? I hear  James hollering, "Ho! Ho! Ho! Where's my handsome bear cubs? Where are you Sons of Windsor, you Princes of Ontario?" That's me! I'm a handsome bear cub! I'm a Son of Windsor. I'm a Prince of Ontario. Chance is, too! We get our ears tickled and get hugs and we get kisses on the nose. We're going to Story Hour at the Sandwich Library. We get to hear the story of Frosty the Snowman and his friend Rudolph. Rudolph is a reindeer. He has a red nose. James says he is nasally challenged. My nose is black. I'd look funny with a red nose, wouldn't you? This is Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Come over to our house and you can go to the library with us. Okay! "Be good citizens! Santa is watching all of us from Anik Satellite. Good-bye for now! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.