Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas is Here!



Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He forgets which house we live in. He's really old. I think he must be 20. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark.  I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? When Chance and me woke up yesterday morning it was Merry Christmas! Santa and Merry Christmas and Frosty the Snow Person and Rudolph the Nasally Challenged Reindeer and Mary and Joseph and the Baby Jesus and the flock of shepherds and the the wise guys who followed the OnStar, they were all here and left us presents.

James made us porridge with red and green Christmas-coloured gummy worms. Then we opened our presents. Chance got a space ray gun so he can hunt lions with me! We got green scarves from Auntie SusanJ. We got Smarties and licorice, too. I l-o-v-e Smarties and licorice. They're yummy and that's one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide, you know. I got a fire truck and a red helmet. Chance got one, too. James opened our presents to him. We got him  light bulbs and Crazy Glue. We saved up our allowance so we could surprise him. He was sure surprised! He hugged us and kissed our noses and tickled our ears. He said, "You're the best. I love you my Sons of Windsor. I love you, my Princes of Ontario."

Then we went to Rob and Debbie's house. We ate all kinds of good food. Know what? I know a new food. I like devilled eggs. I like them a lot! We had brocollis. I hate brocollis. They're nasty but I was a good cub and ate one. Sure hope Santa saw me do that. We met new friends. We played with Star. She's a puppy. We played with Buffy, too. She's a cat. We played Hide & Seek.

We fell asleep and when we woke up were home and tucked into bed.

Today is Boxing Day. We're going to take some cans of food to the food bank. That's helping others and that makes us good citizens. Good citizens get to eat wallermelons and drink root beer.

This is Chance's first Christmas with us. He likes Christmas. He makes squeaky noises 'cuz he's happy. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Merry, merry Christmas! Happy Boxing Day! Happy New Year! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.