Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Our Christmas Tree






Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark! He must be really old. I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? We got a Christmas tree. It's different from a family tree. We hang relatives on the family tree. We hang lights and tinsel and pretty decorations on a Christmas tree. Our tree is 60 centimetres tall. James says it is a genuine Canadian Tire spruce. Chance thinks he's helping but he thinks the balls are to play with. I show him how to hang them on the branches. Look at him! Chance climbs right into the tree! He makes little squeaky noises 'cuz he's happy. "My son! You're not a decoration! Come down here and help me."

I hear James hollering, "Ho! Ho! Ho! Where's my handsome bear cubs? Who wants some gingerbread beings?? That's me! I'm a handsome bear cub! Chance is a handsome bear cub, too! We l-o-v-e gingerbread beings. They're yummy! We helped make them, too.

We're gonna put another sticker on the calendar. It's only nine days before Santa and Merry Christmas come to our house! The baby Jesus is coming, too! This is Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Good-bye for now! Be good citizens! Eat gingerbread persons! Be extra good, 'cuz Santa is watching us on Anik Satellite! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.