Monday, September 14, 2009

$10 million and Prunes


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. I look after him 'cuz he's forgetful and really old. He says he was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark. 

Know what? I had so much fun at the Olde Sandwich Towne Festival! We ate ribs and wings and pizza and bestest of all--wallermelons. Those are very yummy and important 'cuz they're in the Canada Food Guide. Know what? I bought a ticket and I might win $10 million. Do you know how many Smarties you can get for $10 million? I bet I couldn't carry them all home on my blue bike with the Canada flag on it! Oh. Wait. I'd make two trips. Yeah, for sure. Know what? I know The Prune Song. Ready?

No matter how young a prune may be
He's always full of wrinkles
We get wrinkles on our face
Prunes get wrinkles every place.

Baby prunes are like their Dad
But they're not wrinkled but not quite so bad.
We get wrinkles on our face
Prunes get wrinkles every place!
No matter how young a prune may be,
He's always full of wrinkles!

Same song,
second verse,
a little bit louder,
And a little bit worse!

Okay, you can sing it with me! I know. If you come over we can eat prunes and sing about them, too! If I had a little brother he could sing with us. I want a baby brother but  James just laughs, tickles my ears and says, "Oh, Charles. You're a handful. Fat chance!" This is me, Charles, saying 'over and out!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.