Sunday, September 27, 2009

Our Family Tree


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy,  James. Chance lives with us, too. Chance is a newborn cubby. I found him in a basket on our doorstep one morning, right next to the Windsor Star. Now we are a family of three.

Know what? Families are the people who love us. I am pretty sure Chance loves us but he can't talk yet. He's just a wee little thing. He hugs us and licks our noses. Chance makes squeaky noises when he's happy and squawky noises when he's hungry or his diaper is full of poo. Then he's stinky.

Look at us! We're way up here in the tree. It's our family tree. Chance may be little but he can already climb. His diaper is caught on the tree. He isn't very happy. I have to get him down before he falls. I'm five, you know. I'm too big for diapers. I get to run around bear naked. That's a pun. The family tree is a good place to climb.  I know the difference between the Christmas tree and the family tree. On the family tree we hang relatives.

We can see everything from up here. We had wallermelons for breakfast this morning. Chance can't eat wallermelons so he drank wallermelon juice from his bottle. He got all sticky and we had to give him a bath in the kitchen sink. Chance likes to splash. We got all wet.

Oh. Wait! Do you hear that? It's the fire truck siren! I'll get Chance down from the tree and we'll go see the fire fighters. They give us gummy worms. I l-o-v-e gummy worms. Know what? I'll ask  James to put some in the food processor and chop them all up so Chance can drink gummy worm juice right out of the bottle! Yeah. Gotta go! This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, 'over and out!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.