Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hangin' Around


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. I look after him 'cuz he's old and forgetful. He forgot where he put his bicycle today. Oh. Wait!  I found a newborn cubby on the doorstep. He lives with us, now. His name is Chance. Chance is a wee little thing. I look after him, too.

Chance doesn't have teeth. He can't talk. He just squeaks when he's happy. Know what? Chance is so tiny, he doesn't even have a tail, yet. I have a tail but I didn't grow thumbs, yet.

Know what? I'm hangin' around at Mackenzie Hall. Chance is taking a nap. Newborn cubbies sleep a lot, you know. When he wakes up we can dig some holes and climb way up high. Yesterday, Chance climbed up on top of the fridge. He couldn't get down and he made little squawky noises.  James had to rescue him. He said, "Chance, Chance, Chance. You're a handful, aren't you?" Then he said, "You're a handful too, Charles."

I try to be a good citizen and do good things. Good citizens get to do fun things like eat wallermelon and Smarties. I'll be glad when Chance wakes up from his nap so we can play. Oh! Wait! Know what? I could wake him up and then we could play right now! Yeah. That's what I'm gonna do. Okay. I gotta go, now. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub, saying, 'over and out!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.