Thursday, October 1, 2009

Taking Chances


Hi. This isn't me, Charles the Bear Cub. This is my little brother, Chance. He's a newborn cubby. I found him on the doorstep one morning when I went outside to get the newspaper. I asked my buddy James if we could adopt him and he said, 'yes.' Chance is a real handful. I have to watch him all the time 'cuz he climbs everything and he wanders off by himself. He doesn't mean to get hurt but he's such a wee little thing he doesn't know he could get run over by a car or a bus. He could even get cubnapped by bad people. He shouldn't take chances.

Chance climbed up on this flower bed to play Hide &Seek. He thinks if he closes his eyes he's hiding from me but he's not a very good hider. I'm five, you know. I can hide real good. Even James can't find me! So, I am going to take Chance home and we can dig holes in the back yard. That's fun and the back yard is a safe place to play. Maybe  James will holler, "Where's my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor and my Princes of Ontario?" and we'll come running so he can tickle our ears, kiss our noses and make us laugh right out loud.

Oh. Wait. Did you hear that? Chance is squeaking. Hemakes squeaky noises when he's happy. You should hear him. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub, "Be good citizens. Watch your little brother so he doesn't get hurt. Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.