Monday, October 12, 2009

Thanksgiving Day


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub and this is my little brother, Chance. We live on Sparkle Road with our buddy, James. I look after Chance and James 'cuz Chance is a newborn cubby and James is really old.

Know what? Today is Thanksgiving Day. I know what that means. I  say 'thank you' for all the good things that happened this year. Oh, wow! I got so many things to say 'thank you' for it would take me 'til lunch to say them all! I'm thankful for our family-- James and especially for Chance. I l-o-v-e having a baby brother. I'm thankful for my blue bike with the Canada flag on it, for wallermelons and gummy worms and porridge and Smarties and licorice. I'm thankful for trees to climb and the Crosstown bus and for baklava at Big Pita and everything that's yummy in the Canada Food Guide.

We're having turkey for Thanksgiving dinner. Oh. Wait! We're having mashed potatoes and gravy and corn on the cob and apple pie, too. Our house smells real good. Chance is a wee little thing. He can't eat turkey. He drinks condensed owls'  milk out of a bottle. Sometimes I smoosh up Smarties and put them in his milk but I don't know if he drinks the red ones last. Eating the red Smarties last is a rule, you know. Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Who's my handsome bear cubs? Who are the Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario?" That's us--Charles and Chance! We gotta go find James so he can tickle our ears, kiss our noses and make us laugh out loud. Chance doesn't really laugh but he makes squeaky noises when he's happy. Okay! Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends and buddies! This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Be thankful! Over and out."'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.