Friday, October 9, 2009

The Library



Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's very forgetful. Today he lost his library card.   I look after him.

Oh. Wait. Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby I found on our doorstep one morning. There was a note that read, "Please look after me." I can look after Chance. I'm five, you know. My birthday is on Canada Day. We get wallermelon and fireworks on Canada Day. I wish I could eat fireworks. I bet they're yummy and yummy is one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide.

Know what? This is me and Chance. We're at the library on Sandwich Street. I can read. I get to check out books. I read out loud to Chance and James. Chance is really little so I don't know how much he understands but he likes the books. He tries to chew on them.

Chance is silly. Bear cubs don't eat books. We eat Smarties and licorice and peanut butter. Oh. Wait! We eat porridge with gummy worms. Even if I don't like them I eat all my broccolis. I have to set a good example for Chance. When he is big enough to stop drinking condensed owls' milk out of a bottle he will have to eat broccolis, too. Okay. We gotta go. We're going home. I got books to read to my buddies. We're gonna start with The Cat in the Hat. Hope you have fun today and read to someone. Bye for now, this is Charles the Bear Cub saying, 'over and out!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.