Monday, October 5, 2009

Good Citizens are Helpers



Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy,  James. He's forgetful and old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark.  I bet he's 20 years old! I look after him. Oh. Wait. Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby I found on our doorstep one morning. He's a wee little thing. I look after him, too.

Chance doesn't even talk. He makes squeaky noises when he's happy. Look at me! I'm riding on the Electrolux. It's a vacuum sweeper. It has wheels and sucks up dirt. We clean the carpets. That makes us good citizens 'cuz we're helpers. It's fun to ride on the Electrolux. Know what? We play a game. I chase Chance with the sweeper. I holler, "I'm gonna get you and eat you all up!" He makes squeaky noises and crawls really fast. I'm five. I'm faster than Chance. When I catch him, I holler, "Who's a handsome bear cub? Where is my Son of Windsor? Where is the Prince of Ontario?" Then I tickle his ears and kiss his nose and make him squeak some more! It's a fun game. We laugh a lot.

Sometimes James chases us both with the Electrolux. We sure do have fun! Know what? All this fun makes me hungry. I'm gonna ask  James if I can have some Smarties. I l-o-v-e Smarties. I always eat the red ones last, don't you? I hope you play some games today and have fun. This is me, Charles, saying, "Be good citizens. Help around the house! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.