Saturday, October 3, 2009

Who's a Handsome Bear Cub?


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub and this is my little brother, Chance. We live on Sparkle Road with our buddy,  James. He is old and very forgetful. Today he forgot to get off the bus! I had to find him.  I look after him. I look after Chance, too. He's a newborn cubby.

Know what? Chance is a real handful. He climbs everything. Sometimes his diaper gets stuck and he can't get down. Then he makes squawky noises 'cuz he's afraid. Then I put on my fireman's hat and rescue him. I have to be careful because Chance copies everything I do. He's a copy cat. I don't know why we say that. He should be a copy cub.

I can do lots and lots of things cuz I'm five. My birthday is on Canada Day.  Chance is a wee little thing and if he tries to do what I do he might get hurt. That would be awful! Looking after Chance is a big job. Right now we're just hanging out in the cabinet. I holler, "Who's a handsome bear cub? Who is a Son of Windsor? Who is a Prince of Ontario?" then I tickle Chance's ears and kiss his nose. He makes squeaky noises 'cuz he's happy. Know what? Chance licks my ears with his tongue. That makes me laugh right out loud. It's raining outside.

We're gonna go find James and see if we can build a tent in the living room. Then we can hunt for lions and eat lunch in the tent. Yeah. Good idea. I can cook. James lets me help in the kitchen. I can cook peanut butter and Smarties sandwiches. I want apple juice, too. Oh. Wait. Chance doesn't have any teeth. He can't eat sandwiches. He drinks out of a bottle. I know! I'll stuff his sandwich into the bottle and fill it up with apple juice. Okay. We gotta go. We got stuff to do. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub, saying, 'over and out!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.